important good things about farscape
- gender norms??? more like gender BORES farscape has no time for that shit
- male protagonist allowed to emote
- female deuteragonist allowed NOT to emote
- the show almost entirely bypasses the tired “fish out of water” trope i hate so much in newcomer sci fi stories with john and just sort of expects him to roll with it
- and he does! and so do we as viewers. more shows need to trust that their viewers will go along for the ride with them.
- aliens that actually look ALIEN, no rubber foreheads here
- alien behaviors that actually feel ALIEN — see chiana & d’argo’s sex scenes, zhaan’s reaction to light, etc
- WEIRD PLOTLINES that seem genuinely, once again, ALIEN — sometimes to the show’s detriment but often to its benefit
- making you feel as strongly about rubber puppets as you do about the main cast of actors
- claudia black
5pm on a Saturday
- Me: Man, I need to go to bed.
- Me: ...
- Me: No. I have to go make dinner and then go to work.